Bloggers Fashion Week Must Haves - Part One | Laura Elizabeth xo

Saturday 19 March 2016

Bloggers Fashion Week Must Haves - Part One


 Bloggers Fashion Week is upon us and I was asked to take part in reviewing some products and put together a must have's list full of beauty and fashion items. 

MeMeMe Cosmetics
I'm so impressed with this brand, and having never used it before I was really pleasantly surprised at how lovely and luxurious the products are, as well as affordable. I am also a big fan of the packaging and design - a weakness of mine when it comes to make up products. My favourite of the four items is the 'Lip Glide' - a similar shade to one of my favourite Mac lipsticks 'Velvet Teddy', it is long lasting and easy to apply, and gives a matte finish but is not drying on the lips at all. The face illuminator gives a gold, glowy and dewy finish to the skin and easy to blend, I like to apply it with my fingers. There are eight stunning shades in the Ultimate eye palette, a mix of shimmer and matte ones, not extremely pigmented but easy to build up and blend out, the palette also provides a double ended brush. The shimmer stack has five powders and is a multi purpose product, it is pigmented, light reflecting and gives a youthful glow. Visit their website for different shades and products. 
Shimmer Stack in Pink Zest
Beat The Blues Illuminator in Gold Oyster
Ultimate Eye Palette in Soft Rose
Lip Glide in Rich Truffle














PurePotions
Designed for skin in need of help, purepotions make natural creams, ointments and oils especially for those of us with dry skin. The products I was sent are fragrance free and not tested on animals - two gigantic pluses. I have only been using these for a few days, and I am already in love with the Skin Salvation Intensive Moisturising Ointment. It is made up of essential oils and beeswax, it does not have an over powering smell and softens when used due to body heat, it gradually becomes easier to apply. It is a miracle worker on dry skin and deeply moisturising -  I have already seen improvements. The bath and body oil acts as a replacement for a regular bath emollient and gives moisture to skin during bathing, I added one tablespoon to my bath and it made the bath quite slippery but my skin felt so smooth afterwards with no greasiness and the oil along with the moisturising ointment together is a dream match. The daily moisturising cream is full of vitamins to nourish the skin, also containing shea butter, it eliminates redness as well as dry skin and is a cream version of the skin ointment. It sinks into the skin quickly, and my skin appears much more healthier. The scar oil I unfortunately have not had much time to try out yet, but after using the other products I was kindly sent I am confident that it will be just as good as the other products, it not only works on scars but also stretch marks, uneven skin tone, dehydrated skin and ageing skin. 
Scar Oil
Skin Salvation Daily Moisturising Cream
Skin Salvation Bath and Body Oil
Skin Salvation Intensive Moisturising Ointment 

Thumbs Up Nail Wraps
Zero drying time nails is my new favourite thing. I love when my nails are painted, but I find actually painting them such a chore, maybe that is because I don't have particularly nice nails, but I also don't like having to wait around for them to dry after using polish and I nearly always smudge them afterwards because I can't sit still doing nothing for long. Nail wraps are a super easy and efficient way to get gorgeous nails without the drying time. Thumbs Up nails have so many designs and colours to choose from and I am adore the three I was sent to review. For best results: clean your nails beforehand with a nail polish to remove grease and contaminants, add a layer of base coat and let it dry before applying the nail wraps. Smooth the wrap down from the cuticle and smooth out creases before filing off the excess in a downward motion... so easy! I also applied a top coat and they are still in tact after five days! 
New French Nail Wraps
Metallic Effect Cres Nail Wraps
High Shine Lisboa Nail Wraps



Stay tuned for part two! 



No comments

Post a Comment

© Laura Elizabeth xo | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig